The Microfinance Centre with support of The European Union is offering a webinar to microfinance institutions (MFI) interested in building a flexible financial plan, as well as a long-term strategic model to ensure their preparedness for future market crises and opportunities. The session will take place on 29 April.
This is the sixth webinar in the series “How to build a corporate immune system for the crisis”, which was developed as a direct response to the challenges the COVID-19 outbreak has posed for many microfinance institutions.
The series aims to help institutions continue doing business at the time of a pandemic, while also helping them develop a corporate immune system for crises of this scale.
It will also offer solutions to mitigate the negative impacts of the current situation, decrease losses and show new business opportunities.
The webinar will focus on
- developing and adjusting the operational and strategic financial models of MFIs and
- ensure both are resilient to external market risks.
The speakers will provide guidance on how to structure a financial model and how to stress-test it, along with guidance about function input tables and templates to present the result of the model in your organisation.
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, 29 April 2020 at 11:00 – 12:30 (CET), in English.
Attendance is free of charge.
SEE THE PRESENTATION Financial planning
All sessions are primarily designed with top and middle management staff of microfinance institutions in mind. However, it is relevant also for other practitioners and partners operating in the microfinance sector.
By participating into this webinar you acknowledge that you have read and understood the event”s privacy statement.
The main speakers in this webinar – Artur Munteanu and Kinga Dąbrowska will deliver an interactive session with plenty of opportunities for the participants to ask questions and get peer advice:
- Artur Munteanu is an entrepreneur, finance executive and enterprise development consultant with more than 20 years of experience in the financial and SME-development sectors. Currently an independent consultant, Arthur has developed his expertise through his role as a CEO and Board Member of Microinvest, a leading non-bank financial institution in Moldova. He is also a Board Member and Advisor in several important companies from the agro-food, finance and ICT sectors.
- Kinga Dąbrowska has been working in the Microfinance Centre since 2011. Prior to that, she worked in the Technical Secretariat for Cross-Border Cooperation Program Poland – Belarus – Ukraine and Pontis Foundation, Slovakia where she was responsible for managing projects related to development assistance, democracy promotion and education mostly in the Western Balkans and Central and Eastern Europe.
Other events in this webinar series
This is an overview of all six sessions from this webinar series on “How to build a corporate immune system for the crisis” tailored specifically to help microfinance institutions overcome the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Session 1: Business continuity – 9 April 2020 WATCH THE RECORDING
- Session 2: Stress test for success – 15 April 2020 WATCH THE RECORDING
- Session 3: Loan restructuring and refinancing policies and agreements – 16 April 2020, WATCH THE RECORDING
- Session 4: Amendments to lending policy for new products and online channels – 22 April 2020 – WATCH THE RECORDING
- Session 5: Risk management for beginners and back-up staff – 23 April 2020- WATCH THE RECORDING
- Session 6: Financial planning and financial modelling – 29 April 2020 – RECORDING ABOVE