WATCH: Stress Test for Success – Build a Corporate Immune System in Response to COVID-19 – an EaSI Technical Assistance Webinar
Microfinance Centre with support of The European Union are offering a webinar on 15 April for microfinance institutions (MFI) interested in learning how to conduct a stress test to determine the preparedness of their organisation to respond to current and future market events.
This is the second webinar in a series called “How to build a corporate immune system for the crisis”, which was developed as a direct response to the challenges the COVID-19 outbreak has posed for many microfinance institutions.
How to build a corporate immune system for the crisis: Stress test for success
We do not know how big, how deep this crisis is or how long will take. However we know how to stress test for success and for the worst. During this webinar we will:
- Discuss key drivers/causes/factors of business success and failure before, during the crisis and after crisis.
- Talk how to adjust the financial model for stress test
- Discuss importance of team work to consolidate the results quickly.
- Provide advice for a short and clear presentation of the results to top management and shareholders
The webinar will showcase key drivers of business success and causes of failure in the context of the current crisis and beyond. The speakers will present different sources of available internal and external data, ways to interpret this information and how to properly adjust a financial model for a stress test.
The series aims to help institutions continue doing business at the time of a pandemic, while also helping them to develop a corporate immune system for crises of this scale. It will also offer solutions to mitigate the negative impacts of the current situation, decrease losses and show new business opportunities.
The webinar will take place on
Wednesday, 15 April 2020 at 11:00 – 12:30 (CET),
Attendance is free of charge.
WATCH THE RECORDING (below)
By participating into this webinar you acknowledge that you have read and understood the event’s privacy statement
All sessions are primarily designed with top and middle management staff of microfinance institutions in mind. However, they are relevant also for other practitioners and partners operating in the microfinance sector.
The main speakers in this webinar – Artur Munteanu and Kinga Dąbrowska will deliver an interactive session with plenty of opportunities for the participants to ask questions and get peer advice:
- Artur Munteanu, is an entrepreneur, finance executive and enterprise development consultant with more than 20 years of experience in the financial and SME-development sectors. Currently an independent consultant, Arthur has developed his expertise through his role as a CEO and Board Member of Microinvest, a leading non-bank financial institution in Moldova. He is also a Board Member and Advisor in several important companies from the agro-food, finance and ICT sectors.
- Kinga Dąbrowska has been working in the Microfinance Centre since 2011. Prior to that, she worked in the Technical Secretariat for Cross-Border Cooperation Program Poland – Belarus – Ukraine and Pontis Foundation, Slovakia where she was responsible for managing projects related to development assistance, democracy promotion and education mostly in the Western Balkans and Central and Eastern Europe.
Other events in this webinar series
This is an overview of all six sessions from this webinar series on “How to build a corporate immune system for the crisis” tailored specifically to help microfinance institutions overcome the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Session 1: Business continuity – 9 April 2020 WATCH THE RECORDING
- Session 2: Stress test for success – 15 April 2020, WATCH THE RECORDING (above)
- Session 3: Loan restructuring and refinancing policies and agreements – 16 April 2020, WATCH THE RECORDING
- Session 4: Amendments to lending policy for new products and online channels – 22 April 2020 – WATCH THE RECORDING
- Session 5: Risk management for beginners and back-up staff – 23 April 2020
- Session 6: Financial planning and financial modelling – 29 April 2020 from 11:00 – 12:30 CET
This webinar has received financial support from the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Innovation “EaSI” (2014-2020). For further information please consult: http://ec.europa.eu/social/easi