Simple daily strategies for saving
- Start collecting certain coins or banknotes – e.g. collect any 5 EUR note or 1 EUR coin – put it aside
- Put aside change each time you shop. Put the saved money in a jar / piggy box and place it in visible place in your house
- Save while spending: Put aside some money with every expense e.g. if you pay 15 EUR in a shop put aside 1 EUR additionally aside
- When picking your wallet to leave the house, empty it of coins and put all change into jar/piggy box
- If you have different income streams, put aside one of them
- Start the working week with making a deposit
Simple strategies for saving requiring preparation
- Turn on the following option in your bank account: any time you pay with the debt card, your payment amount is rounded up to 1, 5 or 10 EUR (you can choose). This difference (between paid amount and rounded up amount) is put aside to your saving account.
- Agree with the whole family on a family saving goal e.g. going out/vacation and pre- commit how much each can put aside daily/weekly – put a jar with the picture and have the whole family input money there
- If you receive a bonus in your work (monthly or annually), put aside part of it – most people put aside 50EUR.
- If you have irregular income, every time you earn more than € 1000 (i.e. 1100), put aside this additional amount (for example €100)
- When you earn more than usual income – put aside half of extra money
- Start searching for Christmas presents [CHANGE TO RELEVANT RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY] in September – before prices rise.
- To prepare for Christmas, put aside 50 zł every month starting from July.
- Tell your friend/family member about your new saving habits/goal and ask them to keep you accountable.
- While paying the current month bills, pre-pay also the next month bills – this way you will get an additional sum available every second month
Do you find Financial Health Quiz useful?
You can offer the Financial Health Quiz to your Customers or Partners in cooperation with Microfinance Centre.
For further details please contact Kinga Dabrowska.
Microfinance Centre Financial Education Projects
Building Financial Capabilities and Strengthening Institutions through Customer-Centered Innovations