Here are some easy tips to help you pay your bills on time. Choose one the options below and apply!
- Pay all the bills immediately after receiving salary.
- If you keep forgetting paying the bills on time, put reminder in your phone each month to remind you about payment date.
- Put aside (e.g. on separate account, envelope, box) some money from each income so you can save up the amount needed to cover the bills for the following month. [FOR PEOPLE WITH IRREGULAR MONTHLY INCOME]
- Put aside (e.g. on separate account, envelope, box) the total amount you need to cover all your bills in the following months until the next income. [FOR PEOPLE WITH IRREGULAR INCOME FEW TIMES A YEAR]
- If you forget paying the bills which are irregular or 1-2 per year e.g. taxes, insurance, prepare a list with due date and put on your fridge, your mobile.
- Discuss with the provider possibility to repay in tranches (this may help to not have penalty fee being added every day/month as well).
Or maybe you want to pay less for your utilities? Check out these options:
- Change the light bulbs into energy saving ones. People who did this could decrease their energy bills by at least 10%.
- Unplug appliances on stand-by mode (chargers, microwave, etc). People who did this could buy even 2 extra pair of shoes.
- Take shower instead of bath to save on water.
- Stop the water to run while brushing your teeth.
- Turn off the light anytime you leave the room empty.
- Cover the pod with a lid while cooking to save energy.
- If you need to boil water for one cup of tea, boil not more than you need to save on energy.
- Turn off the heating while opening a window (during cold season).
Do you find Financial Health Quiz useful?
You can offer the Financial Health Quiz to your Customers or Partners in cooperation with Microfinance Centre.
For further details please contact Kinga Dabrowska.
Microfinance Centre Financial Education Projects