Learn about saving groups in Europe – case study of ACAF, Spain!
The Association of Self-Funded Communities (ACAF) who has been successfully establishing and promoting saving groups model as one of the ways to combat social exclusion presents key success factors to run saving groups, achievements and lessons learnt. This case initiates the series of case studies presenting various experience about running saving groups from organizations across Europe.
This case is part of Erasmus Plus funded project “LETS SAVEE” (LEarning, Teaming up and Saving- Saving groups for Employability and Empowerment) managed by MFC.
The project aims at developing an innovative methodology for a hands-on-experience training opportunity for adults from vulnerable groups to develop their skills. It is implemented by seven partner organizations based in different countries across Europe:
- ACAF – Asociación de Comunidades Autofinanciadas (Spain),
- Cash2Grow (The Netherlands),
- Fundació Servei Solidari (Spain),
- LAB.IN.S Società Cooperativa Impresa Sociale (Italy),
- MFC – Microfinance Centre (Poland),
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences (The Netherlands) and
- SavingBuddies (Germany).