Over 457 practitioners, donors, investors and other microfinance industry stakeholders from 41 countries attended the 2017 MFC Annual Conference, Horizon 2037: Fair Finance for All, in Sarajevo to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the MFC and the ECA microfinance sector! This year, the conference focused on what the industry will look like twenty years in the future, including the influence of technology on financial markets; the digital revolution; the rise of social enterprises; the impact of new programs & financial instruments for EU MFIs; the future of jobs, skills & entrepreneurship; and new models for microfinance.
It was a great honor to welcome the President of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Mr Mladen Ivanić at the conference opening.
Among our honored guests were:
- Mr Antonio Garcia del Riego, Board member, European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) Belgium
- Mr Benjamin Angel, Director, Treasury and Financial Operations, European Commission (EC), Belgium
- Ambassador Lars-Gunnar Wigemar, Head of the EU Delegation to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Ms Maria Nowak, MFC Founder, France
- Ms Rosalind Copisarow, MFC Founder, United Kingdom
- Dr Senad Softić, Governor of Central Bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Our pre- and post-conference events included an SPM workshop, an IFC digital finance and data workshop, and the 2017 CEO Summit.
Our long-term partners that received personalized certificates of recognition for their significant contribution to sector development:
- The Consultative Group To Assist The Poor (CGAP), for its significant contribution to the MFC and the development of the microfinance sector in the ECA region
- The European Fund For Southeast Europe (EFSE), for its contribution to the research in ECA region
- Habitat For Humanity, for its long-term strategic partnership and building MFC’s capacity in housing finance
- L’association Pour Le Droit À L’initiative Économique (ADIE), for being the longest continuous member of the
- Azerbaijan Microfinance Association (AMFA) for its significant commitment to Social Performance Management, Client Protection and Financial Education
- PARTNER Microcredit Foundation, for its significant commitment to Social Performance Management and Client Protection
Special thanks to our Conference Partners and Sponsors!