Financing migrant entrepreneurs can be attractive and profitable. Provided the right financing is offered. This requires a clear understanding of this new client group, with extremely diverse assets base, capabilities, and financing needs. Understanding this will allow preparing the right risk profile of this new client group.
We therefore invite you to attend the upcoming YMCB Webinar
WHEN : Thursday, the 25th of February, from 16:00 to 17:00 CET.
LANGUAGE : The webinar will be held in English.
FOR WHO : Staff of financial institutions reaching out to migrant and/or refugee entrepreneurs (microfinance organisations, banks, special funds, projects and initiatives dealing with financing migrant enterprises, etc.), trainers and coaches, or anybody interested in this topic.
REGISTRATION : Click here
What to expect
We will present the guide on “Financial Education for better access to Finance for Migrant and Refugee Entrepreneurs”, prepared by our partners from The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
This webinar will help you to understand :
- The context refugee and migrant entrepreneurs operate and live in;
- The barriers they face while seeking financing and the cost-effective way to help them overcome these barriers;
- The various options for the migrant entrepreneur to choose from: micro, small enterprise or (hybrid) self-employment;
- The financing needs during in different stages of the businesses set up;
- The services financial institutions can offer.
Moreover, four special training modules for staff of financial institutions, trainers and coaches will be introduced, each module with a special focus on:
- Knowing the migrant entrepreneur;
- Guiding the client towards effective financing;
- Assisting in making use of financing;
- What to do when things go wrong.
Your insights and experiences will be valuable inputs for discussion during this interactive session.
ABOUT THE GUIDE
- The guide contains a series of training and financial education modules for (young) refugee or migrant entrepreneurs on understanding how to access financing making more effective use of financing;
- This guide can be used by trainers and coaches and staff of financial institutions to develop such financial education programs, information packages or orientation programs for migrant or refugee entrepreneurs;
And to train and guide coaches, trainers, and staff of financial institutions, it contains a set of modules to be used in training of trainers, mentors, coaches, and staff of financial
Speakers on the webinar
Researcher at THUAS,
Albert C. Coumans
Part-time lecturer Business Administration at THUAS,
Responsible Finance Expert at the Microfinance Centre
Ewa has been with MFC since October 2005. She has been managing MFC projects and developing content in various topics of responsible finance: social performance management, client protection, financial health. She has been supporting MFIs in marketing research, institutional assessments, product development. She leads MFC initiatives for capacity building in digitalization of MFIs.
The Entrepreneurial Capacity Building for Young Migrants (YMCB) project (no.SI2.789119) has received funding from the European Union. The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of YMCB consortium and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Commission.