The European Microfinance Programme (EMP) is pleased to inform you that its recruitment campaign for academic year 2020-2021 has started. The full programme and the application file are downloadable from the EMP website: www.europeanmicrofinanceprogram.org.
Launched in 2005, the EMP is co-organized by three universities: Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Université de Mons (UMONS) and Université Paris-Dauphine and four NGO partners: ADA, BRS, CERISE and SOS Faim. The courses take place in Brussels, on the premises of the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (ULB).
The EMP is designed by microfinance experts to offer a unique blend of theory and practice. The purpose of the programme is to develop future professionals in microfinance who will contribute to the strengthening of microfinance institutions worldwide, in accordance with the highest international standards.
Information regarding admission requirements and application procedures: (also available on the EMP website)
- Application deadline: The first application deadline is 7 February 2020.
- Admission requirements: The selection of the candidates is based on academic records and professional experience. The candidates must hold a Master’s Degree (equivalent to 300 ECTS) in fields of specialisation such as: development cooperation, economics, agronomy, management, and finance. Exceptionally, other qualifications are accepted by the jury.
- English language proficiency: As the EMP is taught in English, candidates must prove their spoken and written command of English. Non-native English speakers and applicants with no diploma from English-speaking countries can find information on evidence of English proficiency on the EMP website
- CCD scholarships (deadline: 7 February 2020): Each year, 12 full scholarships are awarded to EMP candidates coming from selected developing countries. Before applying to these ARES-CCD scholarships, please check your eligibility and the deadlines on the ARES-CCD website. The ARES-CCD application form MUST be sent directly to the CCD by postal mail. The EMP expects that these applicants send an electronic copy of their ARES-CCD application form together with their specific EMP application.
- Tuition fees: The 2020-2021 tuition fees have not yet been determined. For information only, the 2019-2020 tuition fees were:
EU countries and least developed countries: EUR 835
Industrialized non-EU countries: EUR 4,175
For updated information on tuition fees, please consult the ULB website.