The European Union is offering this webinar to representatives from microfinance institutions (MFI) about the demand for finance from the agriculture sector and how financial institutions can increase lending to agri-businesses.
This session is first of a webinar series aiming to help microfinance institutions interested in exploring the investment needs in the agri-finance sector.
The first webinar will explore the main findings from the fi-compass Study on financial needs in the agriculture and agri-food sectors in 24 EU member states, conducted in 2020. The speakers will dive into the following topics:
- Financing gap estimate for the agriculture sector
- Demand for finance from the agriculture sector
- Supply of finance to the agriculture sector
- Recommendations on how MFIs (and other FIs) can increase lending to the agriculture sector
- A best practice case study on solutions to bridge the gap
The second webinar in the series will offer a more in-depth look into agricultural value chain financing – focusing on the needs of the agri-businesses and risks for financial institutions, as well as how microfinance institutions can ensure cost efficiency.
The webinar series is funded under the EU programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) and participation is free of charge.
Topic: Closing the agriculture finance gap in the EU-24: understanding causes and seizing opportunities
The two speakers will deliver an interactive online session with plenty of opportunities for engagement through polls and live questions:
- Ms. Carina Folkeson is an associate researcher with the Universidad Politecnica de Madrid. Her key areas of expertise include the Common Agricultural Policy, Rural Development, Bioeconomy, Circular Economy, and Agriculture Finance. She has an extensive experience from carrying out studies and evaluations on behalf of EU institutions and was one of two key experts leading the fi-compass study of the financial needs in the agriculture and agri-food sectors in 24 EU Member States (2020).
- Ms. Katia Goertz is a senior project manager and agri-finance expert at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management. She has an agri-lending expertise with years of project management experience across a range of countries and is currently in charge of large-scale agricultural finance interventions in Central Asia and Europe.
By participating into this webinar, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the event’s privacy statement.
All events in this webinar series
Here is an overview of all sessions from this webinar series: