On 13 December 2018, the Code of Good Conduct Steering Committee decided to award six microfinance institutions the certificate of compliance with the Code, based on the results of the evaluations. The certificate is valid for three years.
The awarded microfinance institutions were:
- NOA Sh.a. Albania, MFC member
- SIS Credit Bulgaria, MFC member
- FED Invest Albania, MFC member
- Confidi Terziario Emilia Romagna Società Cooperative (COFITER) Italy
- Kreditna unija NOA Croatia
- Fredericks Foundation UK
The European Commission has developed the European Code of Good Conduct for Microcredit provision to ensure high ethical lending standards and practices within the European microfinance sector.
Complying with, or endorsing the Code is a pre-condition for accessing EU funding under the EaSI financial instruments for microfinance, such as the EaSI Guarantee and the EaSI Capacity Building Investments Window.
Previously awarded microfinance institutions are:
- Association pour le Droit à l’Initiative Economique (ADIE) France, MFC member
- Action Finance Initiative – AFI Greece
- BCRS Business Loans Limited UK, MFC member
- C.A.R. CFR
- C.A.R. DECEBAL
- C.A.R. ULPIA
- C.A.R. UNIREA
- C.A.R. ZARAND
- FAER IFN, MFC member
- FONDI BESA, MFC member
- Good.bee Credit IFN, MFC member
- KEPA – MicroSTARS, MFC member
- Microfinance Ireland
- PerMicro s.p.A.
- Qredits Microfinanciering Nederland
- Slovene Enterprise Fund
- Towarzystwo Inwestycji Społeczno-Ekonomicznych SA (TISE)
This initiative has received financial support from the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Innovation “EaSI” (2014-2020). For further information please consult: http://ec.europa.eu/social/easi
The information contained in the materials does not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Commission.