For financial institutions, introducing new technological solutions to digitalize the customer experience is the hot new trend. While for many clients, this means a higher quality of interactions with the financial institution (in terms of time and effort), for others it is an unwelcome change. It is crucial for each financial institution to understand their own clients’ digital capabilities, behaviors, presence in the cyberspace, as well as their needs for more a more tech-driven interaction before embarking on the digitalization journey.
The overall objective of this program is to support MFIs to learn about clients’ digital habits, capabilities and needs.
The specific objectives of the project include developing and testing MFI research tools and to assist MFIs in implementing client research.
Project status: active
Project duration: 2018-2021
Project regional focus:
EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania , Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
and Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Republic of North Macedonia, Iceland, Norway
- Development of research tools: questionnaire, in-depth interview guide, focus group discussion guide
- Selection of MFIs to test the research tools
- Support to MFIs to conduct client research
- Analysis of feedback after tool tests
- Presentation of final set of research tools and implementation guide.
- Webinar: What Digital Products and Services Are Your Clients Ready for?
- Call for microfinance institutions to test the new research tools for evaluation of clients’ digital readiness
This initiative has received financial support from the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Innovation “EaSI” (2014-2020). For further information please consult: http://ec.europa.eu/social/easi