The European Code of Good Conduct for Microcredit Provision (ECoCG) provides a set of standards in terms of management, governance, risk management, reporting, and consumer and investor relations that are common to the microcredit sector in the European Union. These standards are for the benefit of customers, investors, funders, owners, regulators and partner organisations.
Business and Cultural Development Centre (KEPA) from Greece – via its initiative “microSTARS” has been granted the award of certification for the compliance with the European Code of Good Conduct for Microcredit Provision.
Business and Cultural Development Centre (KEPA) is a private company with headquarters in Thessaloniki. The Centre’s efforts have made their mark by enhancing the competitiveness, of all types of business’. It has had a particular impact on Small and Medium Enterprises operating in Northern Greece, providing tangible support and assistance.
KEPA became the point of reference for regional development in Greece and can be described as:
- a powerful regional structure that supports entrepreneurship;
- a prestigious and highly reliable body, offering fast, transparent, flexible and efficient services with a fast turnover;
- a focal point for businesses with regards to the implementation of development actions,
- a basic information centre for funding opportunities under national and European programmes.
microSTARS’ vision is to become a viable micro-finance provider, providing the beneficiaries with the appropriate financial and other services in order to support their sustainable development, economic and social integration, new skills development and finally to contribute to the creation of new jobs in Greece
microSTARS’ mission is
1. Strengthen the economic activity of existing Small and Micro Enterprises, contributing to the creation of new jobs and sustainable development.
2. Promote the creation of new businesses by providing micro-loans to those who are excluded and / or lacking funding opportunities and thereby contribute to their economic development and social integration.
3. Provide Business Development Services aiming at the sustainable development of the beneficiaries and the creation of measurable social footprint