The European Union is offering an EaSI Technical Assistance webinar on how microfinance institutions in Europe can recognise and mitigate emerging digital risks in their operations. It is organized by European Microfinance Network.
The webinar will be organised on 10 December, and it will focus on tackling issues related to recognising and classifying digital risks, the evolving role of the risk management function, and the profile of risk owners.
This second session from the digitalisation webinar series was conceptualised as a response to digital finance trends, which are quickly changing the nature of financial service provision.
- Topic: Risk Management in a Digital Era
- Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2019, 11:00 – 12:00 CET
- Language: English
- Register online here
This webinar will introduce the audience to the seven building blocks of digital risk in finance and managing those risks efficiently, by strengthening the understanding on digital finance risks in the organisation. The webinar will also offer insights on the changes the risk management functions needs to undergo to accommodate the evolving digital aspects.
The two speakers will deliver an interactive online session with plenty of opportunities for engagement through polls and live questions:
- Ms. Adriana Olmedo is a Network & Training Officer at the European Microfinance Network (EMN) and will moderate the webinars in this series.
- Ms. Ommara Raza Ali is a development economist, who is currently working as the Director Asia in the Microfinance Association. She has over eighteen years of diversified experience in both microfinance and commercial banking.
Participating in the webinars is free of charge. All sessions target primarily microfinance institutions (MFIs), including greenfield MFIs, banks, NGOs, regulators or other institutions and individuals working in the microfinance sector in Europe.
Other events in this webinar series
Here is an overview of all sessions from the webinar series:
- Using Digital Financial Solutions in Enhancing Financial Inclusion (3 December 2019)
- Risk Management in a Digital Era (10 December 2019)