Request for proposals for Fintech Pitch at the MFC-EMN Annual Conference
Sofia, Bulgaria, 4-5 June 2020
Fintech Pitch Objective
The overall objective is to create a space for innovation and partnership building in Europe and Central Asia. We invite technology companies working with business lenders, fintechs, microfinance institutions and other types of finance players. This dedicated fintech pitch will allow 5 fintechs to present shortly their organizations and to promote their business models to the audience coming mostly from traditional financial sector.
Who is eligible?
- Companies working in the field of new technologies focused on providing innovative solutions for financial institutions (e.g. microfinance institutions, banks, cooperatives, etc);
- Fintechs – especially those providing financial services to underserved population in Europe, Caucasus or Central Asia (e.g. microbusiness, migrants, women, rural population, youth);
- The company needs to be in operation in at least 1 country in Europe and/or Central Asia and/or Caucasus with interest to expand the business to new markets in Europe/Central Asia/Caucasus;
- The company has to be at least 1 year in operation.
What we offer?
- Reduced conference fee (50%);
- Participation in the Fintech Pitch (rapid demonstration of the institution) during the 1st day of the conference (for more details see below)
- Opportunity to meet with investors actively operating in Europe and Central Asia
- Opportunity to rent a space to present your business, services (exact price depends on size and requirements)
- Opportunity to join global community discussion on financial inclusion by understanding better the type of clients from underserved population (e.g. microbusiness, migrants, women, rural population, youth, people with debt issues). and what kind of additional value (e.g. speed of access, availability of services, decreased costs, personalization) you can offer.
Fintech pitch outline:
Each Fintech will have an opportunity to present their company’s activities, technological specificities, regional scope of work, type of existing clients and future development plans. This initial introduction should last about 6-7 minutes. The speakers will be allowed to use ppt presentations if necessary with easy to explain visuals and maximum 3-4 slides. This will be followed by questions from moderator and audience.
How to apply?
Please fill in the online questionnaire till 10th March 2020.
We plan to select 5 companies. Selected companies will be contacted by 25th March 2020.
Download the call (.pdf): Call_Fintech Pitch_AC2020